
Hold my hands, my broken child,
I won’t let you slip away,
When the trees all dance in anger
And the night swallows the day.
Hide your face against my shoulder;
Let your fear dissolve to sleep
And I promise I will never leave you,
But sing you comforts sweet.
There’s a glory somewhere further
You can’t see it, but I know.
And someday when you’re older
To its splendor we will go.
So sleep within your innocence,
Though your nightmares cause you fear,
For there’s hope within the morning, child,
And I am always here.

3 comments:
Jessica, I am praying for you and your family. What a great loss! I know your Papa will be dearly missed by you and especially your mom. Please extend our deepest sympathy to your family. We are rejoicing for your grandfather knowing he is with Jesus. May that thought bring you hope and comfort. With much love!
Jess, I to am praying for you guys and your grandma, I know how hard it is to walk though this time- my grandpa died several years ago but just this past weekend being around my friend's grandpa made me really miss mine again. Love you!
Post a Comment