
Spring Break is upon us at A.B.S....thank goodness. I must confess it's been nice to have a weekend with absolutely nothing to do.
I've taken advantage of the free time by getting to know the city some more. This has to be one of the greatest places in the world to simply wander around.


I love just walking around in the gardens here, and this week I've been able to faire une promenade in such places as the beautiful Luxembourg gardens, and a park near my apartment called le Parc de Butte Chaumont. This mean "bald hill"--so named for a massive rock face in the center of the park.

It is about a ten minute walk from my house, and I can't believe I hadn't discovered it until now--there are about 4 different levels of pathways wandering all down a hill to the center of the park, where there is a large pond. Or, you can go above, on the top of the rock face to look over the streets of the city. It's quite a large park, with man-made waterfalls and buckets of flowers strewn along the pathways.

One of the best afternoons I've spent here yet was spent wandering up and down the winding paths--it was sprinkling, making the air around you smell like Spring; an intoxicating mist of moist earth and sunlight.



I also got to visit the Musee Rodin with a friend who was visiting. It was so cool to be able to see so many of the works I had read about and seen. He had such an interesting method of work, and it was cool to see the many versions and reproductions he has done.





I am actually going to Lyon later this week, so hopefully will have another post about that soon. Thank you to all of you who have been praying for my grandfather; I really do appreciate it.
A bientot

1 comment:
I am so totally jealous(sp?)!!! This trip looks amazing! Hope you're having fun! Love ya!
Post a Comment