Dear Friends,
At times I feel as if I am leading a double life. There has been such a whirl of joy and sorrow these past weeks I feel my head spinning. At times it feels as if it is more than I can handle. Still, I know God's timing is perfect, and he has set each event in place exactly as it should go.
As most of you probably know, my grandpa took a turn for the worst this last week. As I was talking to my sister on skype and hearing the update, I heard my parents in the background trying to get a flight out to Cincinnati to see him. I later found out that, after having not found anything, they jumped in a car and started driving up to Ohio, despite the snow storms looming over that area. I can't describe to you what turmoil that night presented.
Since then, they have arrived, and said that there is still hope, though there seemed none only the day before. We continue to pray fervently for our Papa, and ask you to do the same. We know God can still heal his fragile body.
It is so surreal to be here right now. I am surrounded by such beauty in a place I've always dreamed of coming to--and yet I am here at a time when nothing seems more important than to simply be with my family. And yet, again, being isolated from friends, family, support, and sometimes it seems, hope, I have been able to find comfort only in God and his word. Perhaps he knew I could bear it no other way. If nothing else, I have been encouraged through scripture of the goodness and kindness of our God. We serve a faithful king, and no matter what happens, his name is to be praised.
I still ask for your prayers for my dear Papa, as well as for our family. Thank you all so much. I love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Jessica, I'm so glad to hear your parents arrived safely. We continue to pray for your Papa and your entire family. Hugs!
Post a Comment