Ok, so you're probably already getting tired of these, but they won't be quite so often in coming once I get busy so I may as well write now (;
Today I had the wonderful adventure of changing my money into Euros. By adventure I mean nightmare. First of all, I found an ATM that would give me Euros frommy bank account, but it only let me get so much and then started rejecting my card. I'm not sure why...but anyway, it wasn't enough for the rent I had to pay tonight, so then I had to find an actual bank. That was fine, and they were very helpful, but there is nothing more depressing than converting dollars to euros. It is almost literally cut in half. I felt completely ripped off. But, that's the exchange rate, so there's not much you can do.
On the upside, I got to see the beautiful Paris Opera house on my way to the bank. I am absolutely determined to see something there before I go (:
I then went to a welcome session at the school where I met with about 12 other exchnage students. They were all very nice, and it was cool to see how many different places we were coming from. there are actually 3 other people from WM here, only one of whom I've met before. I hope to get to know all of them better. The session was really just about meeting each other and going over some legistical stuff...afterwards we celebrated this french tradition where we all got a piece of cake and whoever got a little figurine in their piece was the "king" or the "queen". Haha. I didn't get it...oh well =P
After the session was over I went to a cafe with two of the students I had met and had my first real espresso. (I'm already hooked, it was wonderful). We just talked for awhile and then I headed back home to pay my landlord. I did get a little lost on the way back (although I was right next to my street)...I've got to learn this neighborhood better.
A bientot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
JESS!! Thanks for sending your blog site!! I'm excited to keep up with all your adventures :) I'm so jealous! I can't believe you're really in Paris!!!!!!!!!! You are brave. I would be so freaked out, not knowing anything and having to figure everything out on my own. Well, keep the updates coming! Love you girl, abbey
You are just about the cutest little thing I've seen ... in Paris or ANYWHERE!
Thank you for posting this, Sweetheart. I love being able to read what you're up to.
Post often.
I love you. - Daddy
Jessica, How wonderful for you to visit Paris. I hope and pray you will sense the Lord's nearness in your time there. We'll miss you!
What a good girl you are to get your blog up and running so soon! Never fear about writing to much...you're adventures so far have been fascinating! Keep it up little buddy... :-)
Post a Comment