Monday, January 21, 2008

Some observations, and praises, for the day....

Bonjour tout le monde,
Je suis tre content. Je suis alle a un cafe aujourd'hui, et j'ai mange un petit patisserie et un espress. Il etait tres bien!!
Ok, sorry...so last night I got to go to the night service at Saint Michaels, a little British Church near the Champ D'Elysee. They are all very nice--the service was good and there was a very good message on worship, where I was reminded that "my purpose is praise" (: It was good to be in Christian fellowship again. Afterwards there was a dinner for the 18-30 yr old group, and they served pizza and quiche (oh my goodness you have NOT had dquiche until you've had it in Europe, it was completely oozing cheese and was SO yummy!). P.s. Goat's cheese is like my new favorite thing ever. (;

Ok, so exciting news...I have a roomie!! She arrived this morning and she is very sweet. Her name is Holly and she's from Idaho. We get along great already and I'm so glad to have someone here! Thank you for all of you who have been praying for me to find someone! I feel so blessed (:

So, if any of you understood the french I wrote up top, I got to have a relaxing afternoon--I got my first pastry and snuggled up in a cafe with an espresso and wrote in my journal for a bit. I have no idea what the pastry was actually, I ordered the wrong one, haha...but it was good...some kind of custard with an apricot middle. Yum!
So I've decided to try to record some of my observances during my trip (I'd like to become a more aware person through all of this--especially observing the culture differences and everything!!)

First of all, I'm not sure if this is a culture difference, as I've never tried it in the States, but still I think it's hilarious....the metros in the morning are INSANE. It's absolutely ridiculous. Think as many people that can possible fit onto the train, plus 10. Haha...people just keep pushing there way in!! You kinda just have to shrug your shoulders and elbow your way through with everyone else..it's survival of the fittest. You get real up close and personal with people. And then, when you get to your stop you just have to yell "PARDONNE!" as loud as you can and hope that people move in time. Haha, it's great.

Another thing I've seen are these little carts everyone seems to have for their groceries. It's great--like a stroller for your bags..they take them empty to the store and then put all the bags in for the walk home so they don't have to carry them.

Haha...most of you are probably thinking...no duh Jessica, everyone knows that....but it's new to me! (:

Well, I'll stop boring you now with me silly stories. Orientation starts tomorrow, so I'll have something to do! (:

Bon Nuit mon amies!!! Au revoir!

3 comments:

heather michelle said...

Jess!! I just discovered your lil blog and I love it! Keep the posts coming. :)

Teresa said...

Hey Jessica! I'm so glad you are keeping a blog of all your adventures! Thanks for keeping us updated...I'm so jealous!!! :) Miss you dearie!

Jeremy Stoner said...

Jessica-It is so incredible to see you in front of the Louvre- one of my favorite places, in one of my favorite cities in the world!! I practically lived in that museum, sitting and drawing in front of the world's best Masterpieces when I lived there. Soak up all the beauty and enjoy God's creativity which you'll discover everywhere you look. I love you, Mom