Bonjour Tout les monde,
Well, I have arrived. Isn't that insane? I can't tell you how exhausted I am.
Traveling was an adventure. First of all, I left an exacto-knife in my backback with my art supplies and was pulled aside by security. I swear I thought they were going to frisk me and tell me I couldn't go...but they just took the knife.
I then took a quick flight to New York, waited around for 3 hours and then boarded the plane for Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris. It was about a 6 and 1/2 hour flight, but seemed like ages longer. They did serve dinner, however, plus breakfast right before we arrived. I scrunched onto the two seats beside me and tried to sleep for at least a couple hours.
When I arrived I had to go through the little station and get my passport stamped (yay!), and then came the adventure of finding my shuttle. I was informed that I would have to go upstairs to a certain exit, which I was not too happy about, since I had my two 50-pound bags, my huge backback and a laptop bag. The escalator was interesting. I actually ended up going up and down twice because I got lost and had to call the agency who was sending the shuttle to make sure I hadn't missed it. I thought I was going to pass out.
but anyhow, I got here and was greeted by the landlord. I sat outside the address for about 10 minutes just praying that he would show up on time. It's the most helpless, strange feeling to have absolutely no way to contact anyone. There I was, standing on the sidewalk surrounded by my bags hoping and praying someone would come.
The landlord ended up being upstairs and spotted me through the window. He helped me with my bags and showed me the apartment. It's small, but actaully bigger than I expected, and the landlord is very sweet. It's interesting since he speaks only broken English and I speak only broken French...but somehow we communicated. He then walked around with me, showing me the nearest metro stops and stores. I am right next to the Canal St. Martin. It's not the greatest part of the city, but it's not bad either. Tomorrow I get to explore some more and try to find the school.
Sorry this is so rambling, I don't hink I've quite recovered form the jet lag...and I think it's time for bed for now.
I love you all and hope to talk to you soon!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment