Thursday, April 24, 2008

Versailles



Hello dear friends,

I know it has been forever since I last wrote. It has been extremely busy. As most of you know, my sister arrived last week. We had a blast exploring the city and just wandering around. She's since moved into a little room in a house in the suburbs (she's staying until June), but she stayed with me for a couple of days and got beter acquainted with the city.

Last Sunday she went with me on my orientation trip to Versailles. We didn't get to see the actual chateau (the teacher claimed he wanted to give us incentive to retun), but the gardens were absolutely beautiful. We also got to see the summer home of the royal family and the little farm Marie Antoinette made for herself when she got bored. It was very picturesque.

We also explored the latin quarter, marais, and parc buttes chaumont--some of my favorite places.

I've been in Florence this week--which I will write about soon, but for now, here are some more pictures! A bientot!






2 comments:

abbey said...

beautiful! love you sweetey :) are you coming home at all this summer or just staying straight through?

Joy said...

Miss you hon!! Right now im planning on coming home June 17th--but I'd like to stay longer. We'll see. Can't wait to talk to you again though!